Friday, September 09, 2011
Duck Soup: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley has your Thursday practice update and included the video above. He had a welcome comment regarding KB and Kiko.
Kenjon Barner exited the stadium with the rest of the team and was not in a walking boot, nor moving with any sort of discomfort. Kiko Alonso was one of the last guys out of the stadium, and the sense here is that there's a good chance he plays this week -- although I figured he'd play last week, too.
• Ken Goe also covered practice yesterday and noted the following.
"We've been good," Kelly said of the Ducks' mental and physical preparation."But can it carry over from practice to the game? That's the big test for us to see."
• Ron Bellamy, longtime columnist and sports editor of the R-G has decided to retire and has these thought as he says goodbye. George Schroeder will miss his boss who was a friend and a mentor.
• Is Nevada packing a loaded pistol as they make the trip to Autzen Stadium? Rob Moseley has the story.
• Brian at FishDuck.com believes the Rose Bowl is still an attainable goal.
• Dale Newton believes the Ducks should get it going tomorrow.
Oregon has an advantage in talent, depth, and speed. Upsets happen when teams surrender advantages like these to inattention and poor focus. It's not likely to happen before an energized capacity crowd at Autzen, but every year is different. The victories have to be earned, and with Oregon's past success, everybody circles them in red on their schedule. The Ducks will get tripped up a couple of times this year if they don't approach every game with a relentless desire to play hard.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:49 AM