Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Lindsay Schnell notes that Josh Huff was in full pads after practice and KVAL supplied the video of select comments from CK after practice yesterday in his press conference.
• Steve Summers previews the match with LSU and comments on CK's remarks at the press conference.
• Rob Moseley has the updated depth chart and there are no big surprises.
No real surprises in the starting lineup, presuming it doesn't change between now and what Kelly says will be the final meetings to nail down the lineup Saturday before the game. The aforementioned Golpashin will make his first career start, as will Hroniss Grasu at center, Justin Hoffman at receiver, Taylor Hart and Ricky Heimuli at defensive tackle, Brandon Hanna at end, Michael Clay and Dewitt Stuckey at the inside linebacker spots, and Terrance Mitchell at cornerback. Grasu and Mitchell will be redshirt freshmen making their collegiate debuts.
• Dale Newton is glad to be talking about an actual game and has a few questions.
• Jerry Rice giving the Ducks a little pep-talk? Bob Rickert thinks it might be a possibility.
• John Canzano interviews Jerry Allen on his radio show and shares the audio.
• Ted Miller lists the biggest games in the Pac-12 this year and Oregon takes three spots.
• You know we're getting close when goducks.com releases their Weekly Football release.
• Andy Mac has some last minute accolades that find LMJ and Cliff Harris on a couple of watch lists.
• Rob Moseley reminds us that game week has arrived and Josh Huff is looking forward to proving that the Pac-12 can be a powerhouse too.
“It means a lot to us,” UO sophomore receiver Josh Huff said. “It gives us a chance to show what we have against the SEC. That’s a great conference, and all props to them, but we’re just trying to make that statement that the Pac-12 is a powerhouse, too.”
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:00 AM