Friday, August 26, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley has your Thursday practice update even though practice is now closed to everyone. He also included the video of CK where the coach answers a wide range of questions from the reporters. Rob notes the highlights from the conversation below.
Chip Kelly said Marcus Mariota capped a strong camp today and is pushing Bryan Bennett for the No. 2 job at quarterback, while Steve Greatwood told our Adam Jude that Hroniss Grasu is in line to start at center, no surprise if you've been following our practice coverage.
• Ken Goe also waited until practice was over and files his report after talking with CK.
• Now that Oregon is preparing for LSU, Rob Moseley looks at how the depth chart will shake out.
• Rob Beard and Jackson Rice can do more than kick a football, Ken Goe has the story.
• Ted Miller continues his countdown to his number one pick for the top 25 in the Pac-12 with the #3 spot, Darron Thomas.
• There won't be any guess work when it comes to predicting what uniforms the Ducks wear in their opener against LSU. GoDucks.com previews the Nike Pro Combat uni's and there will be a Nike ad posted in a bit.
• Dale Newton believes Oregon's passing game will be even better than it was last year.
This years’ receiving corps will be better because half of them have experience and all of them have gotten bigger and stronger in the offseason. In the upcoming weeks look for DT to solidify the passing game and figure out the strengths of each of his receivers. Chip will put all of his guys in a position to succeed, and this group is definitely a ticking bomb ready to explode.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:35 AM