Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley has your Monday pracitce update. Rob posted the video interview of CK above and has the plays of the day below.
The touchdown to Lyerla was a nice way to finish, but Bennett also had a couple of interceptions today, with Derrick Malone picking off one ball over the middle, and Avery Patterson hauling in an overthrown deep ball. De'Anthony Thomas worked with the ones at times today, and had a breakaway play during 7-on-7 drills.
• Chris Courtney also attended practice and like the continued play making ability of DAT.
Coming as no surprise to anyone who has watched fall camp extensively this August, true freshman running back De'Anthony Thomas shined once again this afternoon, ripping off a number of long runs that showcased his great speed and intuition with the ball in his hands.
• CB Scott Grady asked for, and has been granted, his unconditional release from the football program. Good luck in whatever you choose to do Scott.
• Aaron Fentress says the departure of Seastrunk creates an opportuinty for freshmen Tra Carson and De'Anthony Thomas.
• Has John Canzano become an Oregon homer or does he have ulterior motives as he picks the Ducks to go 12-0?
• Dale Newton lists the most encouraging developments of fall camp and has a couple of reasons to fuel your pre-game paic as we inch closer to the LSU game.
• The Pac-12 has announced the hiring of a for their new media networks and it sounds like he will be very busy. Ted Miller has the story here.
• Kurt Liedtke makes a good point when he calls for a little respect and composure as the game against LSU draws near. Here is how Kurt ends his article:
To any LSU fans that want to talk trash about players being suspended or Oregon fans that want to celebrate so-called “good news” about an LSU player’s transgressions, just save it and think a moment before speaking. I don’t want to hear it, and you are only embarrassing yourselves, and tarnishing the hard-earned respect others have for our two premier programs.
Let the best team win, ON the field. September 3rd can’t get here soon enough.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:51 AM