Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley tries his hand with producing YouTube videos to accompany his stories and starts off with this video where a few members of the football team talk about attending a Leadship Seminar.
Anthony Gildon, Michael Clay, and Karrington Armstrong are featured in the video and talk about what they took away from the first weekend of the seminar.
• Ted Miller has his preseason review of the Pac-12 linebackers and puts Oregon in the "good shape" category.
Sure, Oregon lost multiyear starters Casey Matthews and Spencer Paysinger, but a regular rotation of backups the past two seasons means there's plenty of experience surrounding returning strongside backer Josh Kaddu. Junior Michael Clay is a budding star, and Boseko Lokombo, Dewitt Stuckey and Derrick Malone are also going to see action. The wild card is MLB Kiko Alonso, a big hitter who had a great spring but is presently under indefinite suspension for a criminal mischief arrest in May.
• LaMichael James and Darron Thomas were named to the Walter Camp Player of the Year watch list yesterday.
• A.J. Jacobson has a Q&A session with Oregon safety Eddie Pleasant.
• Dale Newton reminds us all that behind the fantastic LMJ runs or Cliff Harris picks and returns are linemen who create the holes and apply the pressure to the opposing team that creates these opportunities. Who will be the unsung hero this year? Dale picks four potential candidates.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:55 AM