Autzen

Autzen

Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

reverse image

reverse image

Friday, July 15, 2011

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Morning Mud
 Rachel Bachman reports that former Oregon head football coach Mike Bellotti gets a promotion at ESPN to a two-member broadcast team working mainly Big Ten games this fall.

"He really impressed us last year," said Ed Placey, senior coordinating producer for ESPN's college football coverage. "We weren't 100 percent sure how good he was going to be until we kind of got him out there. We found out quickly enough that it wasn't going to be too long before we wanted to spread his wings even further."

 Dale Newton notes that Oregon received a verbal commit from QB Jeff Lockie. 6'2", 180lbs. with a 4.68 forty out of Monte Vista HS in Danville, CA.

Jeff told Greg Biggins of espn.com, "I've always liked Oregon and I camped with them last month and had a really good time. I like the offense a lot and feel it's a good fit for me. I'm a dual-threat guy but feel that I'm a guy that can throw the ball and make plays with my arm as well as my legs when needed."  Confidence, and a determination to make plays, that's a good start for anyone who wants to be a successful quarterback.

 Ashley Swafford notes that Oregon commit, QB Jake Rodrigues, has a big responsibilty other than finishing high school and coming to Oregon next year.


Rodrigues said Oregon was a little hesitant to have him as their number one guy at first when he mentioned he had a son.


“Oregon knows I have a son,” said Rodrigues. “They were a little skeptical at first, but when I told them it only makes me more focused, they understood. In the end, I am responsible for his future and going to college is the best way for that to happen. They are excited for me to be a Duck!”

 Dale Newton thinks that if Ken Ekanem comes West, the Ducks might have their most intimidating defensive end ever.

Ken Ekanem could be the next great Oregon defensive end, if they can land him.  They cooled on Jeremy Castro, partly out of hope that Ek would come out West and put on Oregon hat.  He's making an official visit this fall, and signing him would be a perfect fit for the fast, pressuring defense the Ducks like to play.  He's the bullet, the missle, the red arrow pointed at the quarterback's grill.

GO DUCKS!

No comments: