Autzen

Autzen

Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

reverse image

reverse image

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Morning Mud
 Casey Matthews was interviewed by reporters at the NFL combine yesterday and it only took two questions before his big brothers name was brought up.


“Be calm, be patient,” was big-brother Clay’s advice about handling the draft process, according to Casey. “He hasn’t said too much; I haven’t asked too much.”


“I put a lot of pressure on myself, just seeing the success my dad had, my brother is having,” he said. “I put pressure on myself to get to their level. Friends will ask me, ‘Do you feel pressure?’ I don’t really see it as that. I put a certain amount on myself. It’s not necessarily that I have to live up to the name, though it would be nice playing at their level."

 Rob Moseley notes that Oregon football players Dior Mathis and Kenjon Barner did not advance to the finals at the MPSF Indoor Track and Field Championships in Seattle.

 Rachael Bachman takes an inside look at the U of O athletic department budget which has increased 60 percent in the last five years.

 Madison Boer (2-0) and two closers completed another shutout yesterday as Oregon defeated St. Mary's 3-0 in baseball.

The #1 Oregon women's track team captured the team title in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation track meet yesterday in Seattle.

GO DUCKS!

No comments: