Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Morning Mud
Slim pickings for fresh Duck news yesterday but the one thing we heard really is great news. DT Ricky Heimuli will be back for his sophomore season in the fall rather than leave school to take a religious mission. Rob Moseley and John Hunt report on the announcement.

”This was a personal decision that, after I sought opinions from others, I made on my own,” Heimuli said in a statement released by the athletic department. “Playing football at the college level and going to school at Oregon is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I feel that I have a great thing going.

“I love my church and will always put the Lord first in my life but trust that he will lead me along the way. I just don’t want to lose this opportunity that is in front of me right now.”


Oregon is trying to fill a couple of the open spots for non-conference games for the 2012 schedule and announced yesterday that they will have a home opener game against Arkansas State on September 1, 2012.

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

David Wines said...

Yeah Ricky!