Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Morning Mud
Rob Moseley projects the 2011 starting lineup and then determines that Oregon has a BCS blueprint for returning to the title game.

Cliff Harris won another award yesterday as he was named the 2010 College Football Performance Awards punt returner trophy recipient.

John Canzano talks with Chip Kelly about things learned from Oregon's BCS experience. You can listen to the audio of the interview here.

One last thought on the BCS game.

I don't really add any commentary to my blog posts but one thing has been nagging at my subconscious ever since our loss on Monday night. At what cost would a team go to,  to win that Crystal Trophy?

My conclusion, while seemingly simplistic, nevertheless is honorable.

I would rather rather lose that game with honor, dignity, character, and a clear conscious than to proverbially or literally, "sell my soul" for a win.

I truly believe that the University of Oregon, along with their coaches and student athletes, play by the guidelines. I believe Chip Kelly cares more about our athletes as young men rather than a means to an end.

Perhaps one day we will be at the "Natty" again, and perhaps not, it doesn't really matter.

What truly matters, is that we get there with our values intact.

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

David Wines said...

You are speaking the truth there papa.