“Just a lot of emotions,” Maehl said later of his thoughts in that moment. “Obviously as a senior, it is not the way you want to go out.”
• Steve Summers files his report and his this quote from Chip Kelly.
“I'm just really proud of my players,” said Oregon’s Chip Kelly of his team. “I love these guys. They've competed. They've done everything we've ever asked them to do. It is a special group of young men.”
• Ken Woody gives Auburn's defense credit for the win.
• Ted Miller also credit the Tiger defense.
• Andy Mac notes that even with the loss LaMichael James has set a new season rushing total for the Ducks, eclipsing Jonathan Stewart's old record of 1,722 in 2007. LMJ's new record is 1,731.
• LMJ also won the AT&T All-America Player of the Year honor which is voted on by the fans.
• The final AP poll is out and Oregon finished in the number three spot following Auburn and TCU.
• Lucas Clark reminds us that we still have a lot to be proud of this year as Duck fans.
I think Kelly summed it up best:
"I watched those guys grow from last year, our first team meeting on Jan. 8 to where they are," he said. "It has been an unbelievable journey, and they should be proud of themselves."
Today, we should all be proud to call ourselves Ducks.