Rob: The Ducks were back in the Moshofsky Center yesterday, and will be again today before breaking camp in Eugene. They'll have Saturday off and then travel to Arizona on Sunday before resuming bowl practices Monday.
John: “It was a little bit different, but we played at a really, really, really fast tempo,’’ Oregon coach Chip Kelly said.
Normally, a Thursday practice is more of a walk-through. The Ducks were not in full pads – after hitting on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday – but it was a full practice, Kelly said.
•The first week of winter classes at the U of O begins on Monday and some very intense planning has had to take place so the Ducks don't miss any school work while in Arizona.
• John Hunt caught up with Nick Aliotti yesterday who hadn't heard the news about LMJ. Aliotti's reaction, "awesome." They also chatted about all of the media attention, Aliotti will be glad when he actually gets to talk about "the game."
• Rob Moseley notes that two players committed to the UO football team and one very prominent target of the Ducks' recruiting efforts made the 2010 all-state football team in Oregon.
• The Oregonian would like you to meet their "Duck Fan of the Day," Greg Stoughton.
• LB Spencer Paysinger says the defense will need to be ready for Auburn's surprise factor.
• The Heisman Pundit, after learning of LMJ's return, has declared that the Oregon running back will be the preseason Heisman front-runner in 2011.
• The Oregonian along with the Mobile Press-Register compare Oregon RB's vs Auburn LB's. Conclusion, the edge goes to Oregon.
• Chip Kelly notices a difference between preparing for the Rose Bowl last season versus the current team as they get ready to take on Auburn in the NC game.
Kelly said he does see a change in attitude this year, though.
“They were excited about winning the Pac-10 but that wasn’t the end-all for them,’’ he said. “They were excited about winning the Civil War, but that wasn’t the end-all for them. They play like they’ve got another game to play. It’s a good mindset to have in this situation.’’