Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Morning Mud
George Schroeder notes that Oregon football is lifting spirits with more than touchdowns and wins. A truly heart-warming story and a must read, especially at this time of year.

The Oregonian has your "Duck Fan of the Day," Brenton Breed.

Rachel Bachman takes an indepth look at Nate Costa who has completed a heart-breaking journey with no regrets.

Costa's story is not a tragedy after all. It is a triumph. His goal was to contribute to the football program and help the team win, and he has. He has come to see overcoming misfortune as his fate, something not measurable on a stat sheet but just as meaningful and enduring.

"Just the other day, I was walking to Albertson's and wasn't even in the door yet when this woman pulls up in her car and says, 'Hey, you're Nate,'" Costa recalled. "I was like, 'Yeah.' And she told me about how I'm such an inspiration to her son, Thank you for being such a good role model.

"And that's the stuff that... all this stuff that I went through, all the injuries, every weight that I've lifted, every lap that I've run, it's all worth it."


GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

David Wines said...

Good ol' Nate.