In part four, Adam Jude looks at special teams and in part five, Rob Moseley notes that LaMichael James had to battle through injuries to become the nation's leading running back.
Here is how part five ends:
“Just look at him — he’s all of 180 pounds soaking wet, and damn near all his carries are between the tackles,” center Jordan Holmes said. “It’s definitely an admirable thing. He’s out there putting his body on the line just like we are. It’s something we definitely respect out of him.”
And something the Ducks could rely on all season, no matter how much punishment the Ducks’ star tailback took.
• The Oregonian would like you to meet their "Duck Fan of the Day," Nick Tomasulo.
• Ken Goe thinks that the Oregon defense will be better prepared for Cam Newton than the USC defense was for Vince Young back in the 2006 Rose Bowl.
• Rachel Bachman reports that the BCS Bowl payout for the Pac-10 will be quite the bonanza.
• Some folks will go to great lengths to provide a very special gift to a Duck fan, BCS championship game tickets.
• Two Oregon entrepreneurs are giving back in a special way after a banner year. It's a nice story, especially on Christmas Eve.