They (Oregon) just keep flipping the switch, overwhelming opponents, leaving them shaking their heads and saying stuff like this from Wildcats running back Nic Grigsby:
“They can be beat — you just have to play the whole 60 minutes.”
And Oregon, apparently, only needs half as long.
• Ted Miller has a helmet sticker for Darron Thomas.
The Oregon QB accounted for four TDs in the win over Arizona, passing for three and running for another.
• The Oregonian provides pictures and videos of fans and students having fun at the Arizona game.
• Rob Moseley notes that Oregon has secured a verbal commitment from JC DT Jared Ebert, a 6-foot-5, 285-pound four-star recruit.
• Cal suspended defensive line coach Tosh Lupoi for yesterday's game against Washington after the coach admitted he instructed a player to fake an injury against Oregon.
• ESPN College GameDay will be covering the Ducks for the third time this season as they are heading to Corvallis for the Civil War.
• Ken Goe says it has come down to this; the Civil War will have the National Championship on the line but Chip says the team will remain focused.
"This team is winning because they can eliminate distractions," Kelly said. "I have never once talked about the ranking of this football team. I don't have to. That's not why we play. These kids love playing football."
Kelly said the Ducks have a sign with four rules posted on their locker room door.
No. 1: Have fun.
No. 2: Stick together.
No. 3: Eliminate distractions.
No. 4: Flip the switch.
"We're pretty good at flipping the switch," Kelly said.