Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Morning Mud
Rob Moseley covers your Thursday practice/walk-through.

The Ducks were in Autzen Stadium this morning for their final workout prior to Friday's 4 p.m. showdown with visiting Arizona.

Lavasier Tuinei still has his arm in a sling and Darrion Weems is in a walking boot, but otherwise the Ducks look ready to go as the try to post just the second 11-win season in school history, and clinch a Rose Bowl berth in the process Friday.


Going to the game? Bring your rain gear. It's already starting to sprinkle this morning and and the chance for rain increases as the day wears on. It will be a bit breezy with 10-15mph winds. You can find the hour by hour prediction here.

John Canzano has a very nice story on a Duck fan who lived his life well. I am not a huge fan of Canzano but every once in a while he surprises me, this is a good one.

Ken Goe says we should be very thankful for out ball-hawking defense and he is right.

The Oregonian lists two players from each team of today's matchup you should keep your eye on.

Aaron Fentress ponders the likely BCS matchups if the Ducks win their next two games, Auburn, TCU or Boise St. Aaron also notes that Auburn is taking on Alabama (11:30a) today and Boise St. is at Nevada (7:15p). Big games for sure.

Adam Jude shares a feature story from the R-G on running back coach Gary Campbell who has the longest tenure (28 years) of any coach in the Pac-10. He builds close relationships with the players perhaps none as close as with LaMichael James. Adam closes the article with this quote from the coach.

“I hear from all of my ex-players frequently, which makes me feel as good as anything else because I know that I’ve been on influence on them, and that I’ve made an impression on them that they want to be lasting,” he said. “That’s important.”

Excellent read, be sure to check it out.

My prediction: Oregon 38 - Arizona 30 Unis: Yellow helmet, black jersey and yellow pants.

GO DUCKS!

3 comments:

David Wines said...

Loved the article on Campbell. Also, did you see the article on Jeff Musgrove done by the Oregonian? I've had both of his kids in my class...one of them right now. He's a cool guy.

DuckStud said...

I didn't see that one Dave...link?

DuckStud said...

Take that back, yeah I watched that video this morning but just thought it was a little weird to post...the whole death thing and all...