From Ken: UO coach Chip Kelly kept things amped, pushing the pace. The music blared.
"They practiced really hard today, which is good," Kelly said. "Their effort was really good. They came out flying around."
From Rob: The injury list shrunk — Javes Lewis (leg) and Anthony Gildon (leg) were in red but practiced (and Darron Thomas looked fine) — with Kenjon Barner again suiting up but mostly watching.
From Chris: "They're picking up on things," said [Chip] Kelly. "They're going to make mistakes (throughout the course of a week), but it's 'Do you continue to make the same mistake?' and what's your mental focus and do you get distracted...our guys aren't."
• Ted Miller has his weekly Pac-10 "stock report" and finds DT's stock has risen.
Oregon's sophomore QB completed 22 of 31 passes for 308 yards with three TDs and no interceptions in the 60-13 win over UCLA on Thursday. And he was named a semifinalist for the O'Brien Award, given annually to the nation's best quarterback.
• Marcus Moss gives you the "rundown" on the game at USC. Here is his conclusion.
The Ducks have the natural motivation of playing USC at the Coliseum and the confidence of battling back from adversity. Look for Coach Kelly to send a message to the rest of the conference and the nation as the Ducks put the throttle down from start to finish.
• Can USC stop the Ducks? A lot is being made of how defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin (the coaches Dad) will try and stop Oregon's fast paced offense. Ken Goe, John Hunt, Rob Moseley and Ted Miller all dedicate stories to the subject. Here is Ted Miller's final thought in his article.
But can they slow Oregon? The younger [Lane} Kiffin, once known for bluster, was almost reverent describing the Ducks' offense.
"They are so explosive," Kiffin said. "The style they play is like something we haven't seen. Or probably anybody's ever seen."
• Graduation rates for student athletes are improving at Oregon.
• Lord Beverage and Muchas G recount the dismantling of UCLA last Thursday at Autzen and look forward to another Huge Gameday Event this Saturday at USC. The guys hand out Duck You's and take a stroll around the Pac-10. Do yourself a favor and listen to their podcast, you won't be disappointed.