Rob: Overall, today seemed to be a good one for the defensive backs, as they came up with a number of turnovers, though the catch of the day was a finger-tips interception by Casey Matthews just as the football was about to hit the turf.
Chris: Kelly noted after practice this morning how pleased he's been with sophomore defensive end, Dion Jordan. Jordan, who earned team special teams player of the week honors after his performance against UCLA, was singled out by Kelly, who was impressed with his defensive effort as well, saying, "I really though he generated some real pressure in the run game by slipping blocks and getting in to the backfield."
• Ted Miller looks at the remaining Pac-10 schedule and how that relates to bowl games.
• John Hunt notes that Darron Thomas as been added to the Davey O'Brien watch list as a semifinalist. The award is given annually to the nation's best quarterback.
• The Heisman Pundit has LaMichael James as #2 on their watch list for week 8 right behind Cam Newton of Auburn.
• ABC will be covering the Washington vs Oregon game on November 6 and it will be either a 12:30pm or 5:00pm (local time) time slot. A final determination will not be released until after this weekend's games.
• John Hunt has a good story on how Chip Kelly keeps motivating the team.
• Ted Miller says that USC wants to return the favor and give Oregon nightmares.
• Ken Goe feels that if Oregon keeps winning the BCS computers will start to recognize the tough games at the end of our season.
The computers won't care which mascot head Lee Corso puts on Saturday morning, but the Trojans will upgrade Oregon's strength of schedule. The Ducks have tough late-season games with Cal, Arizona and Oregon State ahead as well.
If the Ducks keep winning, the computers should come around.