Rob Moseley: Brandon Williams not only suited up but participated, for the first time since suffering a hand injury at Tennessee.
“Today was his first day back and we’ll figure that out as the week goes along, how he progresses, and what he can do and what he can’t do,” Kelly said.
Ken Goe: Walk-on Ramsen Golpashin is getting noticed.
"Ramsen has proved he can play football for us," Kelly said. "Ramsen has played in all four games. ... Ramsen has really worked very hard, has had a great offseason, had a great preseason camp, has really solidified himself as a No. 2 guard for us right now. He is going to earn playing time."
• Bad news for Duck fans as it was announced that the road game Oct. 9 at Washington St. will not be televised.
• Swinging wildly to the positive side was the news that Chip Kelly has signed a six year extension through 2015.
• Ted Miller has some interesting Pac-10 numbers to ponder and looks at the shrinking list of Pac-10 Heisman candidates.
• GoDucks.com has posted their week 5 football release that includes all the numbers and trivia you could ask for.
• Ken Goe reports that Brandon Bair is confident that Oregon will be better prepared for Stanford this year.
“We’ll handle whatever comes our way,” Bair said. “Seven offensive linemen, five, two – I don’t care what they put up there. We’ll get ready for it, and we’ll handle it.”
• John Hunt talked with Spencer Paysinger and although he didn't call it a "revenge" game they definitely have a bad taste in their mouth after last year.
"I wouldn't say it's revenge as in hate-hate, but we know they're a good team,'' Paysinger said. "We know they did beat us last year when we were pretty much at our highest point, so there's a sense of urgency that we want to get this for last year's seniors, for this year's seniors and just play our game.''
• Rob Moseley notes that Chip Kelly is getting back to basics.
“We just need to do a better job of getting lined up, and tackling,” Kelly said. “We didn’t do a good job of tackling them last year in last year’s game. What’s going to be key is, how well do we tackle on defense?”
• Lord Beverage and Muchas G have posted their podcast for the Stanford game and you should make this a top priority. These guys have too much fun and are totally entertaining. They break down last weeks game, look ahead to Stanford and issue a well deserved Duck You.