Chip Kelly went back to basics with the points of emphasis that he stressed for this week during a post-practice interview.
“It’s a fundamental game,” Kelly said. “Offensively we have to improve our blocking, and defensively we have to improve our tackling.”
• John Hunt notes that Darron Thomas and Andrew Luck played against each other in high school.
• Ted Miller ranks Oregon #1 in his weekly power ranking and the Pac-10 moved up to second in the ESPN conference power rankings after a big weekend.
• Rob Moseley reports that the home and home series against Georgia has been canceled for 2015-2016 and the GameDay crew will be setting up in the Casanove Center parking lot.
• Andy Mac has the Oregon players of the week awards as chosen by the Oregon coaching staff.
• TCU head coach, Gary Patterson, is very impressed with the Ducks.
"If I was voting, after what I saw last night, I'd vote Oregon ahead of us," said Patterson after watching Oregon win at Arizona State on Saturday night. "because they were freaking awesome."