Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

GO DUCKS!
GameDay, the test starts now and I want to see our Ducks bring their own heat.

Rob Moseley has your Friday practice update.

“We’re ready to go play a tough conference game on the road, and we’re excited to see how we match up,” coach Chip Kelly said.

Kelly didn’t have much to add to Thursday’s injury report. For the second straight week, Brandon Williams and Everett Benyard were the only players definitely ruled out.

George Schroeder shares a feature story that was in the R-G yesterday about how Chip Kelly manages stress and joins CK for a little running time.

My watch says we’ve been running for a little more than 21 minutes. My head tells me we’ve covered almost three miles.

“It’s like we tell our players,” the football coach says, “Go as hard as you can for as long as you can."

We’re running together because I wanted to see how Oregon’s football coach deals with stress — not that he admits to any.


Could we see Bobby Bouche (Adam Sandler's Waterboy) on the sideline one day? Maybe.

The Heisman Pundit compares conference vs conference games since the BCS started and comes away thinking maybe the whole, "SEC is the best," thing doesn't add up when you look at the numbers.

Ted Miller has his weekly "did you know" series ready for your perusal.

The Ducks haven’t allowed a point in their last 104 minutes and 21 seconds (almost seven straight quarters). They’ve allowed only one touchdown all season, something that only Alabama can also claim.

Adam Jude has a nice feature story on Jeff Maehl who is sneaking up on some Oregon receiving records.

Wade Evanson is buying in on others belief that it could be a special season for the Ducks.

” I’m going to think strong, believe what I’ve seen, and expect to see what I believe: that Darron Thomas  IS what he seems to be, the offense IS as explosive as it’s looked, and the 2010 Oregon Ducks ARE a special team on a potentially special journey.

But I still want to see it.

Teach me Ducks, show me what I want to see, what I feel may be the case, and what the fanatical minority has been telling me for weeks.

Take me to school.


Rob Moseley has all the predictions from his usual sources and everyone is picking Oregon although the margins very widely.

The Daily Emerald reports on the "swagger" of Cliff Harris and leads the story off with this quote as he addressed his teammates for the first time, which was 2 years ago. (link courtesy of "Off the Pond")

 "My name is Cliff Harris, and I'm here to lock shit down," the newest addition to the Oregon secondary said. Harris then immediately returned to his seat without uttering another word.

Some of the older players scoffed at the remark initially, before they recognized the newcomer's incredible talent on the football field.

Now, two years after that preliminary meeting, Harris is one of the most well-liked members of the Oregon football team.


And that's exactly what I'd like to see today, an Oregon defense that stops ASU with authority.

My Prediction: Oregon 54 - ASU 10
Uni's - White Lid-White Jersey- Black Pants


GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Forgot your uni pick!