Rob Moseley: To my eye, Darron Thomas had a phenomenal day throwing the ball, with very few incompletions. The Ducks held a scored 3-on-2 passing drill the defense won 39-34, but Thomas completed all but one of his 10 passes, and the one he didn’t was dropped by a receiver.
Ken Goe: Running back Kenjon Barner (hip), slash guy Daryle Hawkins (ankle), linebacker Spencer Paysinger (hamstring), linebacker Bryson Littlejohn (hip), tight end David Paulson (hip), offensive lineman Darrion Weems (back) and tight end tight end Brandon Williams (hand) all attended practice wearing red, no-contact jerseys.
I saw Paulson practice a little with the UO offense, and Paysinger practice a lot with the UO defense.
• Ted Miller posted several stories yesterday including the news that Colorado will join next year making it the Pac-12. Ted also has some impressive numbers to "chew on" and finally wonders what "sickness" the Ducks will bring to Tempe.
Oregon is just sick. And by "sick" we mean sick in the ironic way the cool kids talk.
Oregon has looked sick on both sides of the ball thus far. But there will be strong emotions, new found confidence, a home crowd and a hot desert evening swinging the Sun Devils way.
• GoDucks.com has their week 4 football release posted hwere you can get all the facts and figures for the ASU game.
• The Heisman Poll has been completed for week 3 and LMJ sits in the number five slot.
• Rob Moseley talked with defensive backs coach John Neal who said that the deep rotations allow Oregon to help limit injuries and exhaustion.
• Ken Goe says there is one particular ASU LB the Ducks will keep their eye on, Vontaze Burfict.
Burfict is his own worst enemy at times. He plays with unbridled emotion that sometimes translates into personal foul penalties.
• John Hunt talks about how coaches relieve stress and here is what Chip had to say.
“I don’t think of it as stress,’’ Kelly said. “I think coaching football isn’t a job; it’s a lifestyle. We chose to be in this.
“My stress relief is I come to press conferences and hang out with some great friends, and we yuk it up a lot.’’
A classic Chip reply.