Rob Moseley: "Oregon football notebook: Thinned roster remains stout - Injuries limit the contributions of a few regular players"
Adam Jude: "Oregon football:Defense keeps Ducks' ledger clean - Oregon gets its second shutout in a season for the first time since 1964"
“One thing our team always has is effort,” said senior tackle Brandon Bair, who added two sacks and a third tackle for loss.
“Our guys came out and worked hard, and that’s one stat that’s not on the scoreboard, is effort. And that’s our edge.”
Ron Bellamy: "Ducks appear to be on the edge of something very, very, very good"
In any checklist of a good team that would aspire to be a great team, you ask yourself: Does it have a quarterback? Can it run the ball? Can it stop the run? Can it force turnovers? Does it have special teams that can be both dependable and, sometimes, even spectacular? Does it have coaching, and elite speed, and some depth? Does it have character, and its own style and identity?
And does it bring a certain work ethic, a sense of pride, a business-like approach, regardless of venue, and regardless of opponent.
It all adds up to a top five team and, right now, it all adds up to Oregon, which has a chance to be very, very, very good.
• The Ducks position in the polls remains the same this week. We are currently sitting at #6 in the coaches poll and #5 in the AP poll.
• The Heisman Pundit has LaMichael James in the sixth slot this week.
• The Ducks lead the nation in offense and defense after padding the numbers against PSU.
• Rob Moseley compares NCAA stats between Oregon and Arizona State.
• John Hunt compares ASU"s preseason "creampuff" schedule with Oregon's.
• Lindsay Schnell keeps us up to date on how future Ducks did in high school play this past weekend.
• Ken Goe and Rob Moseley look ahead to Arizona St. and Pac-10 play where the road to victory gets tougher. A little sample from each article.
Ken Goe: The Sun Devils probably aren't an upper division Pac-10 team, but they beat PSU by 45 points and are better than anybody the Ducks have played so far -- at least, on defense.
Rob Moseley: This year the Sun Devils moved to a no-huddle spread-option, operated by quarterback Steven Threet, a Michigan transfer. ASU also has UO transfer Aaron Pflugrad at receiver.