“These guys came out and were focused all week long,” he [Kelly] said. “You only get so many shots in college football, and this group understands that. Sometimes you say that and it’s just coach-speak, but these guys understand that. But we’ll see how they come out and play tomorrow.”
• Ken Goe wonders what the wet conditions will mean for PSU's pistol offense.
• Rob Moseley noted that we received a verbal commitment from 6'2" 215lb. linebacker from Bakersfiled, CA, Kyrie Wilson. Rob also gives his prediction along with the rest of the pundits.
• There will be some high profile recruits on the sidelines today.
• Andy Mac wonders if Kenjon Barner can keep his streak going today. Barner is the only Duck to ever have three straight games with 200 or more all-purpose yards.
Andy also thinks this is pretty cool, I'd have to second that.
• Ted Miller asks, did you know?
Oregon has returned five punts this season. Three of those have gone for touchdowns. Only one other team has more than one punt return TD (Oklahoma State with two). The Ducks have the nation’s top punt return average at 43.6 yards per return.
• Last week I was following the #goducks Twitter hash as I was watching the game. After about the third time a Vol stayed on the turf, I began to wonder, are they doing this on purpose to slow our momentum? Several agreed with me and now John Hunt wonders the same thing.
• Wade Evans says this is serious and hopes the Ducks will come out firing.
If Kenjon Barner returns 2 kicks for scores…he was supposed to. If LaMichael James runs for 150 yards and 3 scores in the first 20 minutes…he was supposed to. And if Darron Thomas goes Denard Robinson and puts up 300 yards of total offense, contributes to 6 touchdowns and levitates and flies out of Autzen Stadium by the half…he was supposed to.
• Adam Jude has a very nice feature story on Chad Peppars who perseveres in the classroom and on the field.
• The Armenian Demon has some harsh words for Portland State. This might be one of his best ever, check it out.
• My predictions: Oregon 56 - Portland 3. I see some real ugly (weather-opponent-TV coverage) for the Uni's today. From top to bottom: Yellow-Green-Gray.