Thursdays are conducted at a slower pace than most workouts, and are heavy on situational work—third-and-short, third-and-long, goal-line situations, special teams, etc.
• Couple of other notes from Rob. The tunnel from the locker room to the field has been spruced up and he has a couple of snapshots. DB Troy Hill was granted a waiver by the NCAA and has joined the team.
• Ted Miller has his Pac-10 predictions.
Oregon 1,000, Portland State 3: And then the second half starts. No, actually, my guess is Chip Kelly doesn't want to play his starters much after halftime.
• Ken Goe says the Ducks will be at full strength with the probable exception of TE Brandon Williams.
• Ken also has a story on the Ducks running away with the game but it was this little quote from Chip the Skip that had me appreciating his dry humor.
Incidentally, I love Kelly's approach to the NCAA's decision to rename college football's top two divisions FBS and FCS.
"Way too many letters right there," Kelly said. "I'm confused to begin with. I'm still a Division I-A, I-AA guy, if you're going to refer to it."
• Everything you wanted to know about the Portland "pistol offense."
• Ron Bellamy says the Portland fans are no longer star-struck.
• Lord Beverage and Muchas G look back at the Tennessee game, talk about Portland and take a stroll around the Pac-10. They provide the best Oregon podcast so be sure to stop by and check it out.