Autzen

Autzen

Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

reverse image

reverse image

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Morning Mud
Chris Courtney and Rob Moseley provide the details of yesterday afternoons practice. Here is a sample from each.

From Chris: Redshirt freshman linebacker Boseko Lokombo  had another huge day this afternoon as he was seemingly in on every big play during 11-on-11 team drills. Lokombo, who is battling for a starting position at SAM linebacker with Josh Kaddu, had maybe the hit of the fall thus far when he decleated sophomore walk-on running back Anthony Blake on a pass play over the middle.

From Rob: I thought Costa was very accurate tonight, which isn’t to say he was mistake-free. Darron Thomas threw an early interception to John Boyett, which isn’t to say he was bad this afternoon. Entering fall camp I was of the impression Costa was the leader, over the weekend I felt Thomas had an edge, and after the last two days I’m back to thinking Costa takes the first snap against New Mexico. Which is really to say, I have no idea.

Ken Goe notes that LaMichael James returned to practice yesterday.

“Initially, I didn’t know what was going on, but it turns out I just hyper-extended it,” he said. “It’s still kind of tight. But I know if I sit out of practice, then I’m not getting any better. I need to get out there and practice.”

Even though the knee wasn’t completely 100 percent, James said he was happy to be on the field.


Ken Goe also spoke to Chip Kelly about the QB's and the coach would like to see more consistency but in the end, maybe it doesn't matter.

GO DUCKS!

No comments: