Colorado a good fit for the Pac-10.
Since the Pac-10 first asked, "What about expansion?" upon hiring Larry Scott as commissioner, Colorado was on the table as a potential partner.
All the hubbub about Baylor boosters trying to muscle Colorado aside? It was never an issue with the Pac-10, which has been eyeballing Colorado for months.
The Buffaloes are a good fit, culturally and academically. Heck, even temperamentally.
Probably doesn't hurt that the Denver television market is a tad bigger than the Waco market either.
• George Schroeder says that according to a "very good source", expect the Pac-11 to become the Pac-16 by the weekend. Said the source, "you can take it to the bank."
• Chip Kelly on the dismissal of Jeremiah Masoli from the football program says it like it is (which I like.)
“I had a plan in place for him to follow, and if he didn’t follow it, he was gone. He didn’t follow it, so he’s gone.”
• Will Tukuafu has been signed by the Seattle Seahawks as a free agent. He joins former Ducks, Nick Reed, Walter Thurmond III and Max Unger and will probably play the "Leo" spot on Pete Carroll's defense.
• Carson York is in Orlando, FL with a group from Allen Hall representing the U of O in the National Student Advertising Competition. The competition takes place each year and Oregon last won in 1989.
Good luck team.
• I will try to post any breaking news regarding expansion today as soon as I possibly can. Nebraska, I think it's your move next.