• Dave Curtis and Matt Hayes over at The Sporting News rank the Pac-10 QB's and have Costa at 4th and 5th respectively. And Hayes takes it step further with this bold prediction.
The Ducks will win the Pac-10 because coach Chip Kelly will find the right combination of Costa and backup Darron Thomas in specific sets to get enough from the position.
• The Heisman Pundit notes that the last three Heisman winners have been sophomores. Which sophomores have the best chance in the 2010-11 season?
Second year players who have already established themselves as stars in college football thanks to outstanding freshman seasons.
In this group, I’d include the following players:
* Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech
* Dion Lewis, Pittsburgh
* LaMichael James, Oregon
* Andrew Luck, Stanford
• Andy Mac reports that Oregon has added 5 more nationally televised games to the schedule for 2010. Here is the list which incldues the previously announced UCLA game. All times are Pacific.
* Sept. 11 at Tennessee, ESPN2, 4 p.m.
* Sept. 25 at Arizona State, FSN, 7:30 p.m.
* Oct. 2 vs. Stanford, ESPN, 8:15 p.m.
* Oct. 21 vs. UCLA, ESPN, 6 p.m.
* Oct. 30 at USC, ABC, 5 p.m.
* Nov. 26 vs. Arizona, ESPN, 4 p.m.