Autzen

Autzen

Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

reverse image

reverse image

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

First off a big Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!

The Twilight Meet was held yesterday at Hayward Field and the participating football players didn't disappoint.

LaMichael James won the 100 with a wind-aided time of 10.62 seconds. His teammate, UO freshman Kenjon Barner, was second in 10.76.

“I felt good, my training has really paid off,” James said. “I don’t have football to worry about so I’m a little fresher. Hopefully, I can get my time down more next week.”

Barner was making his official track and field debut.

“I was very nervous,” he said. “That’s the first time I’ve run on a track. I would like to think that I could help the team out. Wherever the coaches think I can help, that’s where I want to be.”

In the exhibition 60 meters, featuring five UO football players, freshman Dior Mathis was the easy winner at 6.87.


Rob Moseley does a "spring review" piece on the defensive backs.

Eddie Pleasant started his Oregon career at linebacker, and this spring he moved back yet another level, taking over for the departed T.J. Ward at rover. According to coaches the transition was made with unexpected efficiency.

True freshman Terrance Mitchell vaulted up the depth chart after enrolling in late March, and redshirt freshman Avery Patterson also inserted himself into the competition.


Must say that Mitchell was very impressive at the Spring Game. I think he's a keeper.

GO DUCKS!

No comments: