• Rob Moseley leads off with his coverage of practice yesterday. During this final week of spring ball, the players have divided into Green and White teams based on the "draft" that was held for the Spring Game. Moseley's highlight reel included these two plays.
Kenjon Barner, playing for the Green team, made a one-handed catch on a screen pass from Daryle Hawkins, cut to the outside and bolted about 80 yards for a touchdown.
Darron Thomas hit tight end David Paulson in stride, with Paulson running about 40 yards along the far sideline, headed for the end zone. But defensive backs Javes Lewis and Terrance Mitchell, a true freshman, never gave up on the play and caught up to Paulson, forcing a fumble and recovering the loose ball near the goal line.
Be sure to check out the end of the article for the complete Green and White team rosters.
• Like Moseley, Chris Courtney was very impressed with Kenjon Barner but also noted the outstanding play of redshirt linebacker Bo Lokombo.
Lokombo had a nice day today flashing tremendous speed and athleticism all over the field. Lokombo highlighted his day with a sack and an outstanding pass breakup at the line of scrimmage that nearly resulted in him making a miraculous interception.
• LeGarrette Blount changed his mind about playing for the Forty Niners and agreed to terms with the Tennessee Titans. Probably a good move for Blount as San Francisco has Frank Gore and the Titans just traded LenDale White to the Seahawks.
• Your probably heard that Oregon finally signed a new head coach for the basketball team, Dana Altman of Creighton.
• Oregon linebacker Michael Clay is impressing everyone with his solid performance this spring and is pushing Casey Matthews, Spencer Paysinger and Bryson Littlejohn for playing time.