Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Rob Moseley shares a feature article that appeared in print yesterday on Chip Kelly approving of the new NCAA rules that were recently approved.

No eye black with printed messages (ala Tim Tebow) and no wedge blocking on kick-off plays.

Taunting on a live-ball foul that could negate scoring plays, starting with the 2011 season.


“I think it’s just going to clean up the game,” Kelly said. “When you score a touchdown, it’s because the other 10 guys did their job, not just because of you.

“We tell our guys all the time to celebrate with your teammates. I like the rule, I think it’s a good rule.”

During Oregon football practice last Monday, a defensive back (Cliff Harris) was returning an interception and started showboating, only to have UO coach Chip Kelly step in during the play and knock the ball loose.


I wish someone would have captured that moment on tape, I can just imagine Chip the Skip chasing down Harris and then chewing his butt out.

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Man, I would love to see it myself. I'm sure it's gold!