Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Adam Jude covered the practice yesterday in the Moshofsky Center and noted that Darron Thomas rebounded from his less than stellar practice last Friday.

Thomas was sharp for the first three-quarters of today’s practice. During a 7-on-7 sequence, he completed six straight passes—three to tight end David Paulson and another to Lavasier Tuinei, who made a great grab as he was falling out of bounds.

“Darron threw the ball really well,” Kelly said. “I was impressed with him. He was a lot sharper in 7-on-7. He was a little more focused.”


Chris Courtney also attended and noted the strong play of Zac Clark and Dion Jordan.

Senior defensive tackle Zac Clark and junior defensive end Dion Jordan both showed up today. Clark was a particularly disruptive force all over the field. Whether it was dropping off in coverage and making an athletic pass break up or gaining penetration in to the backfield, Clark was certainly on point.

Speaking of Dion Jordan, Ted Miller thinks the defense will be better in 2010, in part because of Jordan.

"I think he's going to be a special, special player," Kelly said. "He's going to be the next really good football player here. He's shown it in just five practices. There are times he's unblockable."

Unblockable is good.


WR Diante Jackson looks to be unstoppable when he gets the ball.

"All I'll promise when I'm out there and get the ball, there isn't going to be any receiver like me," Jackson said. "If it's a defensive back, I'm going to run them over. When I catch the ball, I've got to get to the end zone. I don't care if I have to stiff arm you or run you over.

"I'm going to be hard to take down."


Bold words indeed, now we'll see if he can deliver.

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I like Dion's words. Word.