• Andy Mac previews the running backs for the 2010 season.
James, the Pac-10’s offensive freshman of the year and focal point of the nation’s sixth-most prolific rushing attack in 2009, is on pace to shatter every meaningful running standard in Oregon football history.
Kenjon Barner ranked eighth in the Pac-10 in all-purpose yards (1,534).Look for his touches, limited somewhat due to being banged up at times last year, to increase in 2010.
Perhaps the most anticipated storyline surrounding Oregon’s running backs will be how blue-chip recruits Lache Seastrunk (Temple, Texas/Temple) and Dontae Williams (Houston, Texas/Aldine) affect the depth chart when they arrive in the fall.
Depth at the position comes in the form of Remene Alston Jr. - the only running back on the roster with more than 13 career appearances.
• Sounds like Bryce Brown won't be a part of a Tennessee team Oregon will play this fall.
• Former Oregon QB Justin Roper has no regrets about his move to Montana.Sounds like things are working out for Justin, good for him.
• T.J. Ward and LeGarrette Blount improved their 40 marks as they participated in Pro Day workouts yesterday in Eugene. Good luck on draft day guys.
• Look for changes in the blog later today. We'll be sporting an all new look.