• Rob Moseley was at practice yesterday and he like what he saw.
Both units looked good against the scout teams, as you’d expect. The passing game looked particularly sharp towards the end of the day, and the defense came up with a number of turnovers.
• Ron Bellamy got a chance to talk with Danny Hope, the Purdue coach, about the upcoming game.
“I think they’ll be waiting for us,” Hope said. “They’re going to be ready to go. Again, one of two things will happen out of that (Blount) incident. It will be a distraction in some ways, or it will cause them to bond even stronger. One of those two things is going to happen.
• I'm not a huge fan of ESPN's Ivan Maisel but this is a pretty good read. He was embedded with the team last week in Boise and offers an insiders view to the Oregon locker room. Check it out here.
• Nick over at Off The Pond is trying to stay positive this week (aren't we all) and offers this "Cause for Hope: The Oregon Defense" story. Here is the last paragraph:
In the end, though, the result was 19 points, a number every single one of us would anticipate being good enough for a victory. Ultimately, I have to ask the question, did the defense put the team in position to win? In this case, they did. If they can just get the offense to record a first down in the opening half, the Ducks might be on to something.
Be sure to read the complete article here.
• If you are planning to watch this game on television or DVR the game you will want to pay attention to this announcement.
Seems that Fox Sports Northwest made a slight judgment of error and probably won't be airing the Oregon-Purdue game until the Mariners-Rangers baseball game has finished.
If you are a Comcast customer you will still be able to watch the start of the game on channel 415 (Northwest area). When the baseball game concludes you can switch back to the HD version on 734.