Autzen

Autzen

Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

reverse image

reverse image

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

John Hunt got a chance to have a chat with Oregon coach Chip Kelly recently. Among the topics were, night games and transfers.

"I don't mind night games,'' Kelly said. "I'd rather get up and play football, but if it's going to give us greater exposure, on a national television game, then I have no problem with it..."

Can we expect any more transfers?

"No,'' Kelly said. "We're just finishing up the school year right now. So things are good right now.''

Bob Rickert speculates that the Pac-10 might see some better bowl games in the near future.

The Alamo Bowl, with it's extra 200k per team payout than the Holiday Bowl, is looking to up the profile of it's competition. They were at the recent Pac 10 meetings and it sounds promising...read on for more.

Aaron Fentress takes a look at the duel between Mark Sanchez and formber Duck QB Kellen Clemens for the starting job with the Jets.

"I feel really good about where I am right now with my comfort with the offense," Clemens said. "It will be more work for me through the offseason. Then, taking a little bit of a break to recharge the batteries. I'm very excited about where we are, going into training camp."

The Jets are done with full-team practices until July 31, when camp opens in Cortland, N.Y. That's when the quarterback competition will really heat up.

GO DUCKS!

No comments: