Autzen

Autzen

Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

reverse image

reverse image

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

• The exodus continues. Homesickness is the probable cause in Chris Harper's decision to ask, and be granted, his release from the Oregon football program yesterday.

“Harp tried to play through it,” Kelly said. “But as I told Chris, I can’t make Eugene, Oregon, any closer to Kansas. He wants to be closer to home.”

That's the third Duck to make this decision in as many weeks following Pflugrad and Roper. I hate seeing so many quality contributors leave the program but they all had viable reasons.

Position on the depth chart, lack of playing time and a new coaching staff are likely candidates for these moves as well.

Harper is a helluva an athlete and I think he had a bright future at Oregon if he would have stuck it out but I can't fault him for wanting to be closer to his family. I wish him the best of luck.

John Hunt had an interview with Justin Roper he ran yesterday with all of the reasons behind Roper's decision and it has a similar theme as Harper's.

Roper said, "I talked to my family a lot, and we decided it was time to move on.'' Roper, ideally, wants to move back nearer his family in Georgia.

Obviously, recruiting nationwide has it's drawbacks. Let's just hope that the attrition ends here.

GO DUCKS!

No comments: