Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Rob Moseley continues his standout coverage as he chronicles day three of practice.

"Standouts to me were Jamere Holland (pictured) on offense and Walter Thurmond III on defense. Holland started the day with a long TD grab in the FUJI drill and made a number of other nice plays, though in a sign of his improved maturity he spent more time after practice stewing about his drops. Aaron Pflugrad had the bad luck today of lining up across from Thurmond, who made at least three spectacular, diving plays to break up passes."

Check out the complete article for updates on injuries and other tidbits.

Greg Biggins at ESPN has some news on a couple of high school players excited at the possibility of becoming a Duck.

"Running back Brennan Clay (San Diego, Calif./ Scripps Ranch) has a handful of solid scholarship offers on the table but none of them got him as excited as the offer he received Thursday."Oregon offered me and I'm so hyped up on it," Clay said. "Oregon is kind of my dream school and I've always liked the Ducks."

Here is the second player mentioned:

"This is shaping up to be a pretty solid year for talent in the state of Oregon and one athlete on a nice recruiting run right now is Jesuit (Portland, Ore.) standout Keanon Lowe.

Lowe said he grew up a big Oregon fan and the Ducks put an offer on the table for him on Thursday.

"I'm really pumped up right now," Lowe said. "I've followed Oregon for most of my life so it feels so good to get this offer. I heard they had been trying to get a hold of me all week and I finally called them up today and they offered."

Nice to see these kids so excited.

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

Keyword said...

hello... you may submit this blog to my webBlog Directory, keyworddir.info.. have a nice day!

Keyword Directory